Nothing begins automatically — there is a reason for everything — and cuisine d’auteur is no exception. To understand it one must know where its roots are, and these are in nouvelle cuisine and contemporary cuisine.
At the Lluis de les Moles restaurant we have been pioneers since 2001 in offering a cuisine d’auteur menu in Barcelona. An extensive carte from which to choose.
Based on traditional Catalan cuisine with Mediterranean influences, prepared using modern techniques and served to the diner at an exceptional price.
Fresh, seasonal products selected by the same chef during his regular visits to the Mercat de la Boqueria (the Boqueria market in Barcelona).
An indispensable reference for eating a menu with à la carte caprices.
- Eggplant mousse with salad and black olive oil
- Salad with goat’s milk cheese wrapped in filo pastry and tomato jam (*+ 2,5 €)
- Sardines with onion in a mild pickled sauce and salad
- “Santa Pau” beans in a vinaigrette with hard-boiled egg and rocket
- Fried egg on a layer of fried potatoes, sweet red peppers and jabugo sauce
- Onion soup with poached egg the perfume of thyme
- Veal stew tripe slightly spicy
- Argentine veal burger
- Roast beef with rocket and roast beef sauce
- Grilled filleted rabbit with romesco sauce and mousseline potatoes
- Fricandeau ( braised veal with wild mushrooms ) and basmati rice
- Fresh grilled tuna with sweet red pepper, garlic and crunchy leek
- Fresh grilled tuna with tomato sauce and black olive oil
- Fresh grilled boneless sea bass with stir fried vegetables and bean sprouts
- Fresh cheese with honey
- Egg custard with cream
- Chocolate Fondant ( *+ 2 € )
- CheeseCake ( *+ 2,5 € )
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Valrhona Dark Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream from Madagascar
- Sicilian Lemon sorbet
Lluis Piera is a chef by vocation. After working in the most emblematic kitchens such as Via Veneto, Jean Luc Figueras, Hotel Juan Carlos I, Mercès de Barcelona, Casino Deauville in France, he decided to put his vast experience and knowledge to the test, at the head of his own establishment.
From these strong roots and the experiences which he had lived, Lluis created a gastronomic offer characterized by a blend of his own way of understanding cooking and a determined support for more avant-garde ways of doing things.
The spirit of excellence is what distinguishes whatever one does from what the others do. That characteristic, together with great care with details, is what Lluis imposes in his restaurant and in his life.
“The spirit of excellence is what distinguishes whatever one does from what the others do.”
Castell del Remei Gotim Bru ( D.O. Costers del Segre )
Més que Paraules ( D.O. Pla de Bages )
Tocat de l´ala cosecha ( D.O. Empordà )
Acústic ( D.O. Montsant )
Barranc dels Comellars (D.O. Priorat )
Álvaro Palacios Camins del Priorat ( D.O. Priorat )
Ramon Bilbao Crianza ( D.O. La Rioja )
Luis Cañas crianza ( D.O La Rioja )
Remelluri Reserva ( D.O. La Rioja )
Pruno ( D.O. Ribera del Duero )
Pago de los Capellanes cosecha ( D.O. Ribera del Duero )
Enate Cabernet Merlot( D.O. Somontano )
Flor de Vetus ( D.O. Toro )
Abadia Retuerta Selección ( D.O. VT Castilla y León )
<img width="53" height="77" src="http://www.lluisdelesmoles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/copa_vino_blanco.png" class="attachment-100x100 wp-post-image" alt="White and rosé wines" 0="" />White and rose wines
White and rose wines
Torres Viña Esmeralda ( D.O. Catalunya )
Bouquet d'Alella Blanc ( D.O. Alella )
Can Feixes Blanc Selecció (D.O. Penedès)
Gramona Gessamí ( D.O. Penedès )
Abadal Picapoll ( D.O. Pla de Bages )
Llàgrimes de Tardor ( D.O. Terra Alta )
Castillo de Monjardín Chardonnay El Cerezo ( D.O. Navarra )
Only one hundred metres from Catalunya Square there is a street called ‘de les Moles’ (‘of the millstones’). Back in the 14th century, the street was already called ‘de les Moles’, because in this place, at the foot of the ramparts, there were over twenty different millers and millstones that used to work with the stone from Montjuïc, currently reputed to be the best ones, which makes them highly valued in the milling industry.A street that used to have a lot of trade, and which still preserves its charm thanks to establishments like the Restaurant Lluis de les Moles. A minimalist restaurant in light colours and with exposed old walls, it’s the perfect setting in which to enjoy cuisine d’auteur prepared by a great team of professionals